Thursday, February 26, 2009

Digital remixing

So far, I'm not that happy with how my remixes are coming out. I have ideas that seem really great in my head, but when I try to execute them, they are less than stellar. Still, I'm sure that with some effort, they will get better.

My first idea was to mock the images of brutalized animals in vegetarian/animal rights ads by showing a "brutalized" carrot on a cutting board, bleeding, with its bones visible:


Somehow, though, I don't think it draws up much of an emotional response of any kind. So I modified it to make it more cartoonish:


My next effort refers to PETA's latest ad campaign aimed to discourage people from eating fish: sea kittens.



My first attempt to imitate this approach to discouraging carnivorous activity is a "Grazing Teddy Bear" or "Teddy Bear on the Range".



This one is a pretty primitive first draft, but I intend to work on making a more elaborate one in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment